Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Oscar Statue

For all the movie buffs out there, I'm sure like me, is counting down to the Oscars. The 85th annual Academy Awards will be on Sunday February, 24!

To be honest, I don't really have any favourites this year. Out of the 9 Best Picture, I have still yet to see Amour, Argo, Lincoln or Beasts of the Southern Wild. Click here to see all of this year's nominations.  Let me know, who are your picks?

I do have my predictions - let's see how many I'll get right : )

Best Picture - Argo
Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln
Best Actress - Jessica Chastain for Zero Dark Thirty
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained
Best Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables
Best Director - Steven Spielberg for Lincoln
Best Animated Film - Wrack-it-Ralph

No matter who wins, I hope it will be a good show - I am very looking forward to see Seth MacFarlane, who will be hosting the event. Will you be watching?

Check out this very cool poster that was made as a tribute to all the Oscar winners. It was illustrated by graphic designer Olly Moss. Look closely, it features the best films in the form of the Oscar statue for the past 84 years.

How many can you identify??









No comments:

Post a Comment