Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My thoughts on Bully



Last night I was lucky enough to attend an advance screening of the documentary film Bully. The director, Lee Hirsch was also there, which was pretty cool. He and a group of panelists spoke and answered questions at the end of the film.

Bully follows a year in the life of American’s bullying crisis through five kids and their families. The film offered insight into the often-cruel world of children, as teachers/administrators and parents struggle to find answers to stop bullying.

It's a great and very powerful movie. An important film, I think EVERYONE needs to see - especially schools and families. I really hope that this film will bring more attention to the issue of bullying. As one of the panelist pointed out which I agree, the film will definitely be a ‘conversation starter’, a much-needed first step.

Bully opens Friday April 6 at Varsity Cinemas.

No comments:

Post a Comment