Tuesday, March 13, 2012

American Idol Season 11- Top 13


This season of American Idol is an interesting bunch. Below is the top 13.



Early favourites of mine are Jessica Sanchez, Heejun Han, Phillip Phillips and Shannon Magrane.

Being just 16 years old both Jessica and Shannon has a great/big voice. If you haven't already heard about Jessica's great rendition of Whitney Houston's, I Will Always Love You last week; I have it for you here. She did a great job on a difficult song. It's only just the first show and already her performance is nearly perfect - it might be a challenge for her to keep it up...



Last week's theme was the ladies did Whitney’s songs whereas the boys did Stevie Wonder. Not sure why they just didn't have everyone do Whitney. I would have loved to see the guys sing Whitney songs.

For the guys, I'm cheering for HeeJun (go Asian go!! lol) and Phillip. Heejun has such a great voice and personality. He's a funny guy too. However, I hope he doesn't go overboard with his comedic side, since people might think he's not taking the competition too seriously (just a thought – I think he’s quite entertaining).

Phillip is such a great performer. I love watching him perform with his guitar - he just gets very into the song. Plus he always has an interesting rendition of the songs he's performing.

Looks like it's going to be a good season! Let me now who you're rooting for? My predictions: Jessica Sanchez or Heejun will be the next American Idol!! : )

American Idol airs Wednesday and Thursday on Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment